|Version 26 (modified by alms, 8 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to OpenMCL!
OpenMCL is an open source (LGPL) Common Lisp implementation that runs on PowerPC hardware under Mac OS X and LinuxPPC, and (as of version 1.1) on x86-64 hardware under Linux, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD.
OpenMCL does not yet run on 32-bit Intel processors.
OpenMCL is in the process of being renamed to Clozure Common Lisp. You will see the two names being used interchangeably.
Current snapshots of OpenMCL are available via anonymous ftp at ftp://clozure.com:/pub/testing/.
About this site
The contents of this site are managed by Trac, which describes itself as "a minimalistic approach to web-based management of software projects, whose goal is to simplify effective tracking and handling of software issues, enhancements and overall progress." Towards this end, Trac provides a bug tracking system, an interface to OpenMCL's subversion repository, and a unifying Wiki framework.
As it's configured, this Trac instance allows anyone to view Wiki pages, to search for and view "tickets" (bug reports and feature requests), and to browse the OpenMCL source repository. Registered users can add and modify Wiki pages and tickets. (Requiring that users register before modifying content here is intended to discourage spam.)
All Wiki pages are editable. This means that you can (after logging in) modify the contents of any Wiki page simply by using your web browser. Simply click on the "Edit this page" link at the bottom of the page. WikiFormatting will give you a detailed description of available Wiki formatting commands.
TracGuide provides general documentation on the use of Trac's features.
- Getting Around in MCL - quick tips for working with OpenMCL's toplevel.
- OpenMCL Hints -- Tips and Tricks from OpenMCL Experts (and wanna-be's).
- Building Large Projects -- How to construct software consisting of multiple Lisp source files.
- Tracking OpenMCL changes via CVS -- How to do keep up with the latest changes.
Orient Yourself to OpenMCL Culture
- The History of OpenMCL
- People in the OpenMCL community
- OpenMCL Projects -- Projects using OpenMCL
- OpenMCL Software -- Software successfully built using OpenMCL
- ToDo -- Things that need to be done, should be done, someone's doing, or someone should be doing
- Successful Lisp Translations
- OpenMCL FFI -- Working with external libraries
- Cocoa Bridge -- Create Rich User Interfaces with the Cocoa Bridge
- OpenMCL Internals -- Learn the magic behind the scenes
- How Fast Are We compared to other Lisps?
- Cocoa IDE Internals and architecture -- How the Cocoa IDE works
- OpenMCL Documentation -- Needs updating, but still includes a lot of useful info
- Hemlock Users's Manual
- Hemlock Command Implementer's Manual
Learn About Trac
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.