|Version 1 (modified by bfulgham, 9 years ago) (diff)|
Installing OpenMCL Via MacPorts?
MacPorts is the Darwin branch of the FreeBSD ports system; i.e. a system that provides a standard means to get lots of misc. software ported, and then installed on your Darwin machine. (Darwin's the unix variant OS under Mac OS X). Originally named DarwinPorts?, it was recently renamed to MacPorts?.
For Mac OS X users MacPorts? provides a large set of "package files" that can be used to easily install stuff, especially stuff that requires other (sometimes non-obvious) stuff. This is consequently a convenient way to install Openmcl.
- Point your browser at the MacPorts? download directory.
- Select the most recent Subversion directory.
- Grab the appropriate (10.3 vs. 10.4) disk image for your version of Mac OS X.
- Run the installer, which will create the base MacPorts? installation.
- Add /opt/local/bin to your path.
The final step to OpenMCL bliss is to install the system, as follows:
My Computer:~ usert $ sudo port install openmcl Password: ---> Unpacking tgz archive for openmcl 1.0_0 ---> Cleaning openmcl My Computer:~ usert$
Another road to OpenMCL bliss is to install the PortAuthority GUI, which can be used to install OpenMCL and any package dependencies. You can then find the OpenMCL entry in the list of packages and install.
Things that may make you even happier: